Sunday, April 24, 2011

This blog needs a jump start.

It's true. I'm not the best at following through with things. I'm a fickle lady and I get bored easily. Okay, maybe bored isn't the right word. How about distracted? Yes. Distracted. That's it!

I'm sorry, what we were talking about? Oh. Right...

I have lots and lots of great ideas. Oodles of 'em. Heaps. But too many stay just that. Ideas. Or they get only half the attention they deserve. Like this blog. Or that list of things I want to accomplish this year but have hardly touched. I think my problem's been that I don't know what's considered "blog-worthy." I mean, do y'all really give a hoot that I spray painted our old bookshelf to make the perfect kitchen storage unit? Or that I completely botched the aligot recipe I was so excited to make for The Hubs, consequently subjecting him to one of my infamous meltdowns? Or that I went to the Prince concert last night? (Okay, you actually should care about that last one because it was RE-DUNK-U-LOUS and A-MAY-ZIINNNGGG.)
Sadly, my aligot looked nothing like this

I have no idea if any of my blog readers care about my day-to-day humdrumedness. I don't even know who reads my blog other than The Hubs and my mother-in-law. But what I DO know is that I'm currently writing a book. And it's freaking hard. And since I stopped freelance editing, my writing muscle ain't as strong as it used to be. And it needs exercise.

I also know that I'm inspired by fellow lady bloggers. And maybe I feel the need to keep up with the pack. I mean, if the busy broads behind Kushnonsense, For the love of food, and The Mac Family can find the time to blog regularly, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is my excuse? And to add insult to injury, I recently read that I helped inspire Quirk to start her blog! And Heidi Kush blogs every day in between jaw-droppingly awesome DIY home renovations, band rehearsals, work, and wifely wonders. And don't even get me started on Mrs. Mac, who manages to make having a career, two fan-freaking-tastic kids, a home, and a marriage look like a damn cake walk. What is my deal?
Seriously, how cute is Mrs. Mac?
So if for no other reasons than to flex the wordy part of my brain and keep up with the women I admire, I'm giving myself a challenge: BLOG EVERY DAY. Yes. EVERY day.

I imagine I'll have more to say on some days than others. There may be days I want to blog more than once, so I will. And I'm sure there's going to be days I don't want to blog at all. But I'm going to anyway.

No. Really. I mean it this time.

4 comments:

  1. Omg you put me in your blog! I'm so honored. You're the best ever! Love you & miss you! One more thing...I want to help cross some things off your 2011 shenanigans list...let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love you so much! I would ADORE your help! Plus, I miss your face like KAH-RAZY and need some serious girl time with you. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!!! Wow, an honorable mention in My Fair Lady B's blog! Hooray for us Bloggirls (yes, I just made that up). I just discovered this and am already in love with all your loveliness! Also, I'm TOTALLY going to try the mango salsa. You might get a special mention in Wednesday Blendsday. :) Blog on, my friend, blog on!

    For the record, many of my posts are utter nonsense about the minutia of everyday life, but I NEED to do it just to do it EVERY day, regardless of who reads it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My Fair Lady B" AND "Bloggirls"?!? Oh Heidi, how I love your words... xo :-)

    ReplyDelete