Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saturday is for champions.

Yesterday kicked ass. A lot.

Nom.
Woke early to enjoy my cherished weekend morning alone time. As The Hubs snoozed, I sipped coffee, read the interwebs, and leisurely cleaned the house while Kelly battled her cocaine addiction on the 90210 reruns I let play in the background. Once The Hubs rose from his Rip van Winkle-esque slumber, we headed to the Hungry Fox for our favorite Saturday morning diner delights. As we nommed on our eggs, The Hubs looked at the clock and asked "Do you think we can make it home in 20 minutes?" "Why?" "Cuz Leland's singing the national anthem at Nascar at noon. On ESPN." "Hell yeah we can make it home!!" I said as I shoveled hash browns down my throat in record time.

Leland on TV!
We made it home with seconds to spare, just in time to see one of our dearest friends in the whole wide world sing The Star Spangled Banner. Live. On ESPN. In front of millions of people. I was so proud, I cried. You should check out his new band, The Line. He and Hailey kick some serious alt country behind.

Once we finished texting our gushing messages of love and pride to Leland, it was time to get down to business. Under The Hubs' direction, I searched my closet for the most...ahem...cleavage-y dress I could find. After all, we were headed to the SoCal Renaissance Pleasure Faire to witness our friends Bob and Chelle get hand-fasted. And what's a Ren Faire without some cleavage, right? We jumped in the car and headed to Irwindale, which had been transformed to a land of queens, kings, wenches, maidens, knights, and, of course, mead. This was only the second time we'd been to a Ren Faire (the first being on a lark when we stumbled upon one on Hwy 5, driving home from my grandparent's.) and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.

I had the BEST TIME! And I actually want to go back! With a real costume! Who knew? Huzzah, indeed!

Looking upon my decolletage, one of the craftsman cried out, "My regards to your tailor, m'lady!"
Bob & Chelle are members of the peasant's guild. Every morning, they churn butter to make a sculpture to present to the Queen. Whoa.
Merlin begins the ceremony.

Tying the knot!

The Queen stopped by to bless the union.

Look, Ma! It's me and Da Vinci!

The Hubs throws knives. Bad ass.

The Hubs developed a crush on this adorable elfin violin player. Can you blame him?
After sharing a sausage on a stick and some grog, we hopped on the 605 and headed to the Great Western Forum for...

PRINCE!!!!! Best. Concert. EVER!

Chaka freking Khan was the surprise opener. And she slayed it!

Uh huh.
The man himself. Amaze-balls.
Cell phones waving during Purple Rain. I cried like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment