Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hurtsday Thursday

Ever notice that Thursday has the same letters as Hurts Day? Coincidental? Not today. Today SUCKED. And while we all all have sucky days here and there, my reaction to today's suckitude was truly suckrageous.

And I think I know who to blame.




The pill? To blame for my sucktasticness? Yes.

To properly explain, I have to make a confession. For the past year I've been taking counterfeit Thai pills. While on our honeymoon, The Hubs and I stopped in a pharmacy to get some bug repellent (I was getting devoured). A familiar-looking box caught our eyes under the glass counter. The generic brand of my preferred BC! We asked how much and were floored to hear the pharmacist say "Sixty Baht." For those that don't have a currency calculator in your brain, that's about $2 US. TWO DOLLARS. FOR THE PILL. OVER THE COUNTER. We proceeded to buy a year's supply. And another year's supply for my BFF, who I'd immediately called (to hell with international roaming cell charges! We're talking deal of a lifetime, people!) For less than $50, we walked away with a year's supply of peace of mind.

Well, the year's supply ran out. And I started back on the good ol' fashioned American pill. Thanks to The Hubs' kick ass health insurance, it's now free to me. I used to pay $75 A MONTH before we had the perks of network benefits. But free doesn't trump hormones. Not at all.

The first few days on our country's finest had me slight weepy and wired. It also gave me morning sickness, which is a really cruel joke on someone taking steps to avoid that kind of stuff. But it passed in a few days and all felt back to normal.

But the sugar pills are a day away. And my body knows it. And if today is any indication, I'm gonna be a ray of sunshine the next couple days. My preemptive apologies for any future suckerocity, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment