Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Year, New Shoppe!

Happy New Year!!!! I can’t believe it’s 2012 already. And I gotta admit, I’m a teensy bit disappointed. The Jetsons totally had me believing that I’d have a flying car by now. At least a talking maid robot. Oh well. Moving on.

So as you may have read here, I technically don’t have a job. Scary. I know. EXCEPT…..

I did it! I really did it! Okay, well I virtually did it.

I OPENED LADY B’S SWEET SHOPPE!!!


Those that know me know how much I’ve been dreaming of this and now I’ve actually done it! Sometimes being unemployed can be awesome. Like when it forces you to get off your ass and go after what you really want.

I’m starting out small and hoping to ramp this baby up until I’ve got an actualy brick and mortar storefront, complete with commercial kitchen and adorably girly chandeliers. For now, Lady B’s Sweet Shoppe will reside on Etsy (with a brand new web site launching in the next couple of weeks, too!) and offer a slew of sinfully sexy sweets. Once the fancy-pants new site is live, you’ll also get to peep out my pretty-as-punch dessert table designs (like this month’s amaze-balls Hello Kitty table I’m creating for a very special birthday girl)!

The fleur de sel caramels and hand-dipped caramel apples are already a hit! I’ll be adding more items each week so keep checking in. Up this week: French macarons, pretty petit fours, and gourmet lollipops!
Internet? I can’t believe I’m really doing this. I’m so freaking excited, I can hardly sit still. Which is good. Cuz I have a LOT to do in the kitchen.

Yours in sugar,
Lady B


{originally posted on 1/3/12 here}

No comments:

Post a Comment